Monday, August 25, 2014

Dutch History

Well, my DelightfullyDutch history anyway!

My maternal grandparents are from Holland and I grew up frequently visiting my Opoe's (Dutch grandmother's) house. Her home is much like a museum and antique store in one! All new guests receive the grand tour and no question goes unanswered, as her incredible knowledge and memory of every piece is always at the ready. I always admired her beautiful treasures and her fondness for them.

Little did I know that my time for treasure collecting and sharing would be just around the corner.

In the fall of 2013, while I studied online as a Speech, Language & Pathology student, I was unexpectedly met with a scary sickness (healthy now!) that greatly tested my faith. While I successfully finished off the semester, I realized in order to keep my stress down and focus on my health, I would benefit by taking off the spring semester of 2014.

During this break, my husband encouraged me to have some fun (he's the best!). I had long been interested in the fun and success of my sister-in-law with her vintage Etsy shop, JenniferSonjaArt. So, I went out one day on a treasure hunt, and well, I found treasures!
I opened my shop, DelightfullyDutch that same week and have continuously worked to improve upon my newly discovered passion and talent.

I am so grateful to God for having brought something so joyful as my shop following something so difficult as sickness.
I hope if you look through my shop, you will see the joy I invest and the beauty I wish to share.

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me." ~Psalm 23:4


England Teacup - Vintage Staffordshire English Tea Cup and Saucer - Crown Trent - Fine Bone China - Red Ditsy Rose Rosebud - Gold Trim Rim

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate your support and hope you have enjoyed visiting DelightfullyDutch!