Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

I finally made chocolate chip cookies that stay soft! 
No idea as to why this happened, but hopefully it's repeatable.

Adorable vintage Corning Ware cookie baking sheet.

Maybe it's because I used more brown sugar than usual...

Love my vintage Dutch milk glass jar!

Or from refrigerating the dough for several hours before baking...

The beautiful vintage Pyrex Horizon bowl I used to mix this batch :)

Perhaps it was just going ahead and taking the cookies out of the oven long before they were golden...


Maybe some mysteries don't need to be solved.  
They just need to be served with a glass of milk ;)

Ingredients
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips (all I had! I'd suggest 1 cup)

Instructions
1.) Cream together butter and sugars. Add in vanilla and eggs.
2.) Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3.) Mix and add chocolate chips.
4.) Refrigerate overnight (or several hours if you're husband is eager like mine was!)
5.) Preheat oven to 350
6.) Scoop tablespoon sized portions onto your cookie sheet ( I used parchment paper on top)
7.) Bake 12 minutes and transfer to wire rack to cool.
8.) They may seem underdone, but they will set and give you that soft chewy perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate your support and hope you have enjoyed visiting DelightfullyDutch!